Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/04/14 23:21:58 UTC

Sencha ExtJS

Dear Legal Discuss,
We are exploring the possibility to use the extjs java script library for a web ui.
We do not plan to modify the extjs code, but just include it via a runtime dynamic load via a CDN url.
For example:
{snip}
<script charset="utf-8" src="http://cdn.sencha.io/ext-4.0.7-gpl/ext-all.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://cdn.sencha.io/ext-4.0.7-gpl/resources/css/ext-all.css">
{/snip}
There appears to be an exemption to their GPL license:
http://www.sencha.com/legal/open-source-faq/open-source-license-exception-for-applications/

Is this possible to include in our source code?  If so, is there anything specific we would need to do/what out for?

Thanks,
Pei

Re: FW: Sencha ExtJS

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
We chose instead to develop on top of one of the Apache web frameworks,
namely Apache Wicket.

Obviously it's not quite the same sort of thing as Ext.  But it has
sufficed to date.

There is another integration under way with DHTMLX, which as you know I am
sure is a rather closer competitor to Ext.  Because of DHTMLX's license
restrictions, this work is being done outside of Apache, though will be
open sourced.

Thx
Dan

FW: Sencha ExtJS