Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Brown III, William" <Wi...@comcast.com> on 2017/08/01 14:25:56 UTC

Re: Portal: A way to contact owners whenever issues arise

?The delivery services table doesn't have contact information on it. The long descriptions could've been used but the table already has a lot of columns and adding more would make it cluttered. SO INSTEAD I was moving this to the tenant table.

________________________________
Posted by Dewayne Richardson <de...@gmail.com>.
When:   Read · Wed, Aug 2.
<https://timyo.com/?utm_source=expectationheader&utm_medium=email>
[image: Timyo expectation line]
I think naming fields with a purpose prevents the junk drawer mentality (I
can just throw whatever I want in there).  Yes they are great for
multi-purpose use (overloaded), but it makes it really impossible to build
programming rules around all of the different items (or use cases) in that
junk drawer.  Now if we build a true "junk drawer" then whatever goes in
there should be totally assumed as "adhoc" and I can empty that drawer
without concern but that never happens because why would I keep something
in there I didn't care about.

So fields designed for annotating should be just that, "long description",
this field tells me more info, are valid.  If I decided to wipe that field
out and give a better description, then so beit and typically no one
cares.  It's the fields I care about that need a specialized drawer.

-Dew

Posted by "Durfey, Ryan" <Ry...@comcast.com>.

CDN Support (24x7): 866-405-2993 or cdn_support@comcast.com<ma...@comcast.com>

From: Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 8:11 AM
To: "users@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org" <us...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>

-----------+---------------+-----------------+--------------------+----------------+----------------------------
     34    |               | R2 D2           |  61-1234567        | r2@lucas.com<ma...@lucas.com>   |  Call on emergencies
[...]

Ryan Durfey    M | 303-524-5099<tel:(303)%20524-5099>
CDN Support (24x7): 866-405-2993<tel:(866)%20405-2993> or cdn_support@comcast.com<ma...@comcast.com>

From: "Brown III, William" <Wi...@comcast.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 8:26 AM
To: "users@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org<ma...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>>

Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221692<tel:+972%2072-222-1692>| Mobile: +972-54-6581595<tel:+972%2054-658-1595>| shmulika@qwilt.com<ma...@qwilt.com>

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shmulik Asafi <sh...@qwilt.com>.

Qwilt | Work: +972-72-2221692| Mobile: +972-54-6581595| shmulika@qwilt.com
<yo...@qwilt.com>

Re: Portal: A way to contact owners whenever issues arise

Posted by Shmulik Asafi <sh...@qwilt.com>.

Posted by Nir Sopher <ni...@qwilt.com>.
Hi,

From: "Brown III, William" <Wi...@comcast.com>