Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> on 2006/06/05 15:17:10 UTC

Re: org.apache.poi.hslf.model.Slide

Firstly, please use poi-user for questions like this.

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Erez Eisenstein wrote:
> I wanted to know if there is a way to fix the result getting from
> "getSlideNumber" method of class Slide. (since the number I'm getting is
> not the slide number in the slideshow order)

Alas no. We haven't figured out where powerpoint stores the slide number,
and we're starting to suspect that it doesn't actually store it "as such"

Assuming Yegor's ideas on the slide ordering (see bug #39547) do hold true
when we test them on lots of files, then that code may help

Nick

Re[2]: org.apache.poi.hslf.model.Slide

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
The number of the first slide is stored in DocumentAtom.
In PowerPoint you can change it in the Page Setup dialog.

If we get slides in the correct order then getSlideNumber should
return DocumentAtom.firstSlideNumber + idx;
 where idx is 0-based index in the array of slides.

 You can play with this setting and see how slides are numbered in a ppt.

I'm not 100% sure this rule always works.

I wonder if it is possible to have gaps in numeration. Did you ever see such ppt?

Regards, Yegor