Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu> on 2004/03/22 20:10:23 UTC

IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

My server .xml is set out of the box with: unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true"
If I copy a war file to webapps when there is an active session present
i get this error:

IOException while loading persisted sessions:
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

I don't see any sessions in work/Catalina/localhost/myapp and I don't
have any idea why I would be serializing
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.

do I have some permissions problem?   I am using linux and tc 5.0.19, I
am running tomcat as myself and I can read and write all of the tc
directories.

also when I stop tomcat I don't see the active session saved?

I' pretty perplexed.
mas