Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/02/20 18:53:38 UTC

Running HBase on Hadoop 3.1, was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase 2.1.9 is now available for download

changed subject, dropped dev

Hello Mich,

The HBase binary distribution includes all Hadoop client jars necessary for
HBase to function on top of HDFS. The version of those Hadoop jars is that
of Hadoop 2.8.5. Duo is saying that the Hadoop 2.8.5 client works against a
HDFS 3.1.x cluster. Thus, this binary release of HBase is expected to work
with HDFS 3.1.

Alternatively, you can choose to recompile HBase using Hadoop 3.1.x as the
dependency. In that case, you'll need to retrieve the source, establish a
build environment, and perform the build yourself -- the HBase project does
not distribute a binary artifact compiled against Hadoop 3.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Running HBase on Hadoop 3.1, was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase 2.1.9 is now available for download

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick.

My bad. One of the nodes holding region server did not have Snappy package
installed.

yum install snappy snappy-devel did the trick

Regards,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Hi Mich,