Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/07/20 01:14:05 UTC

Including SCM details in a artifact's meta-data?

Hey, any thoughts about including some of the SCM details in an
artifacts meta-data?  I mean, like the SVN revision of the workspace,
or the P4 change number, etc.  So that one can crack open a Maven
generated jar file, peep at the meta-data and know where that stuff
came from.

Of course that won't always be 100% since the local workspace could
have modifications, but assuming that some automated build process
ensured this was never the case for bits that are published, then it
would be a good tool to help link artifacts back to the SCM.

Any ideas comments on if this is a good idea and how to get it working?

--jason

Re: Including SCM details in a artifact's meta-data?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I'm still interested in this, mostly for Apache Geronimo, but really
I think that if its simple and works well (and quick) then it may be
highly desirable as part of the defaults.  I dug up the mail about
the plugin and replied for some more intel/status on it.  I'm gonna
wait around for a few days (er maybe a week, cause I have other stuff
to get done) and if I don't hear anything, then I'm going to roll my
own (in groovy of course).

--jason

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
For the archives: