Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/15 19:34:06 UTC

Re: [DRAFT] What the new Status Pages potentially look like

Pierre,

If this would go anywhere, dev@whimsical would be the best place.  I've
changed the To/Bcc.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 3:20 PM Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI John,
>
> Thank you for undertaking the effort to make the admin activities for
> incubating project a bit easier.
>
> I have looked at the proposed solution and have some observations (as part
> of the Trafodion PPMC) to share:
>
>    - Adding new mentors should be as easy as adding new PPMC members

Yes, within the notion of permissions.  E.g. the IPMC can add mentors, not
PPMCs.

>    - I see functionality in place to add new PPMC members, but didn't see
>    the functionality to add new committers (maybe it is a documentation
>    issue?).

Agreed, its awkward.  When you click on new and search for a name, it
prompts you to add as PPMC or committer.

>    - I would rename 'Reporting Schedule' to 'Reporting'
>    - I would label the reporting schedule with 'Schedule'

I feel like these two contradict.

>    - I would bring the link to the previous reports below the earlier
>    renamed (sub) header
>    - I would add a (sub) header 'Releases' and add functionality to add a
>    release (simple web form with 2 fields: 1 for name of the release, 1 for
>    the date of the release) that would feed in new reports

Podling releases are already recorded in reporter.  We were thinking about
pulling that data in.

>    - The 'PodlingNameSearch' clickable/function should open (render in) a
>    new window,
>    - The project's website clickable/function  should open (render in) a
>    new window.

Sure.

>    - I fear to test-drive the functionality behind the 'Draft graduation
>    resolution' even though our project is on the brink of starting the
>    graduation process. I need some explanation in order to get a feel of
> what
>    to expect...

It only prompts you with some display data, it does not submit the
resolution.

>    - I would like to see a 'Generate Report' functionality in place
>    (similar to that functionality available to graduated projects) that
> will
>    help me with some of the standard fill-outs (numbers of ML subscribers,
> ML
>    postings, Issues, Commits) as this is cumbersome atm.

We don't like that data specifically because its generated.

> I also looked at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/
> trunk/content/podlings/trafodion.yml
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings/trafodion.yml>
> for the Trafodion project. Nothing
> much in there, correct? Some elements will be augmented as a result of
> INFRA deliverables, correct?

No... not sure what INFRA has to do with this.  I'm not planning for a
heavy migration.