Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2018/10/02 00:24:08 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha release

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Apache Hadoop community
has voted to release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha.

Apache Hadoop Ozone is an object store for Hadoop built using Hadoop
Distributed Data Store.

For more information and to download, please check

https://hadoop.apache.org/ozone

Note: This release is alpha quality, it's not recommended to use in
production.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the release, and everyone in
the Apache Hadoop community! The release is a result of work from many
contributors. Thank you for all of them.

On behalf of the Hadoop community,
Márton Elek

ps: Hadoop Ozone and HDDS are released separately from the main Hadoop
releases, this release doesn't include new Hadoop Yarn/Mapreduce/Hdfs
versions.

Re: 答复: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha release

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Thank you very much the report.

I just fixed it with an addendum commit.

Marton

Posted by "Lin,Yiqun(vip.com)" <yi...@vipshop.com>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha release

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
TLDR; No artifacts for 0.2.1-alpha.

The problem is that ozone depends one hadoop-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT. To upload
hadoop artifacts to maven we also need to upload a custom 3.2.0 hadoop
to the nexus.

There are multiple ways to resolve this issue ([1.] reduce the
dependencies between ozone/hadoop-core, [2.] use 3.1.0 fix version, [3.]
upload a custom ozone-0.2.1 version from hadoop-common, ...)

As of now we decided to release without the maven publish (The main
release is the src package, anyway).

You can also see the discussion here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-214

Marton

ps: why do you need artifacts from ozone? How would you like to use them?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
> Just seeing this, why is this its own website with its own downloads
section, look & feel etc instead of being part of our larger site?

Ozone site is created before the new hadoop site. It was far more easier
to create a separated sub-site. Since that  the hadoop site is migrated
and the ozone site is moved from a separated subdomain to
hadoop.apache.org/ozone and the source of the ozone site is moved to the
hadoop-site repository.

Now it would be easier to merge the two sites as before. Technically it
would mean to put both hadoop + ozone download links to the same
download page (https://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html) and link both of
the documentation from the documentation menu (now it contains multiple
versions of hadoop, but it could contain multiple sections).

Personally both work for me. I don't know which one is less confusing or
which one is better from UX point of view. I would be happy to work in
both directions.

Marton

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.