Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by miloslavskacel <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 10:06:49 UTC

IllegalAnnotationExceptions on WebLogic Server 12.1.1.0 with CXF 2.5.2

We get IllegalAnnotationExceptions on execution of
private static final Service TE_SERVICE = Service.create(new
QName("http://engine.bpm.xxx.de/", "TaskExecutorControllerService"));

I've have put geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.1.jar in the
$Weblogic_Home/jdk_../jre/lib/endorsed folder as suggested here
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/application-server-specific-configuration-guide.html#ApplicationServerSpecificConfigurationGuide-WebLogic
It did not help.

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

Caused By: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 3 counts
of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
javax.xml.namespace.QName does not have a no-arg default constructor.
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at javax.xml.namespace.QName
                at public java.util.Map
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address.attributes
                at
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address
                at public
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference.addr
                at
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference
org.w3c.dom.Element is an interface, and JAXB can't handle interfaces.
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at org.w3c.dom.Element
                at public java.util.List
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements.elements
                at
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements
                at public
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements
com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference.refer

What might be the problem?
Thanks.

Best regards,
Miloslav

Re: IllegalAnnotationExceptions on WebLogic Server 12.1.1.0 with CXF 2.5.2

Posted by Miloslav Skacel <mi...@gmail.com>.
JAX-WS was not picked up because Weblogic12c classloader did not read
"META-INF/services/javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider".
It helped to define "META-INF/services/javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider"
in <prefer-application-resources>, as it was described here:
http://avskor.blogspot.cz/2012/04/apache-cxf-client-on-weblogic-12c.html?showComment=1346917552107#c7965340267464771542

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<weblogic-web-app xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app">
  <container-descriptor>
    <prefer-web-inf-classes>false</prefer-web-inf-classes>
    <prefer-application-resources>

 <resource-name>META-INF/services/javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider</resource-name>

    </prefer-application-resources>
    <prefer-application-packages>
      <package-name>org.python.core.*</package-name>
    </prefer-application-packages>
  </container-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

Miloslav

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 01:06:49 AM miloslavskacel wrote:
> We get IllegalAnnotationExceptions on execution of
> private static final Service TE_SERVICE = Service.create(new
> QName("http://engine.bpm.xxx.de/", "TaskExecutorControllerService"));
>
> I've have put geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.1.jar in the
> $Weblogic_Home/jdk_../jre/lib/endorsed folder as suggested here
> http://cxf.apache.org/docs/application-server-specific-configuration-guide
> .html#ApplicationServerSpecificConfigurationGuide-WebLogic It did not
> help.

> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)
>
> Caused By: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 3
> counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
> javax.xml.namespace.QName does not have a no-arg default constructor.
>         this problem is related to the following location:
>                 at javax.xml.namespace.QName
>                 at public java.util.Map
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address.attribu
> tes at
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address
>                 at public
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Address
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference.addr
>                 at
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference
> org.w3c.dom.Element is an interface, and JAXB can't handle interfaces.
>         this problem is related to the following location:
>                 at org.w3c.dom.Element
>                 at public java.util.List
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements.elemen
> ts at
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements
>                 at public
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference$Elements
> com.sun.xml.ws.developer.MemberSubmissionEndpointReference.refer
>
> What might be the problem?
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Miloslav