Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Ste <sc...@nildram.co.uk> on 2005/08/20 21:06:26 UTC

Can anyone help me.. i need to override MemBufInputSource so that it can take a linked list instead of a buffer.

Originally sent in error to the dev list.. apologies for that one..

Can anyone help me.. i need to override MemBufInputSource so that it can take a linked list containing data instead of a buffer.

I want to override this class to allow me to directly pass in a linked list of network packets;
    for example :: instead of
        MemBufInputSource( buffer, byteCount, "myInputSrc", false);
    use
        LinkListInputSource( LinkedList, "myInputSrc", false);

I can see that i would have to override the virtual fn()'s InputSource::makeStream(), BinInputStream::curPos(), and BinInputStream::readBytes().

But i dont really know what an InputSource does, the documentation says it creates a stream for SAX parsing.  I am using the Xerces-C Security library
and this is DOM based, so will creating a stream work ?

Can anyone suggest any resources pertaining to achieving my goal... any starting point would be most helpful

Thanks

Steve