Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/01/05 09:57:50 UTC

Coverage reports

Hi all,

This morning I worked on getting the coverage reports working in sonarqube. Had to jump some hoops, but now I think things should be working:
https://builds.apache.org/analysis/component_measures/metric/coverage/list?id=org.apache.plc4x%3Aplc4x-parent

We’re currently at 67%

Chris

Re: Coverage reports

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> clean install sonar:sonar -Dsonar.host.url=http://localhost:9000/

All good working for me as well.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Coverage reports

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Also it would be helpful if DEVELOPMENT.md were updated to capture the “how to run sonar locally” info below.

I you use intelliJ you can use the sonar lint plugin, eclipse may have a similar plug in I’m not sure.

To run sonar locally (if you just want occasional use) it just a matter of starting the server:’

/bin/macosx-universal-64/sonar.sh start

And running the scanner:

mvn sonar:sonar -Dsonar.host.url=http://localhost:9000/ -Dsonar.scm.provider=git

And go to http://localhost:9000/ in a browser.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Coverage reports

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Dale,

Unfortunately, the configuration of the coverage checks didn’t work anyway so they didn’t inherit a not working config. I just noticed that the rules are parameters of the “check” goal. So, I added an execution of that goal to the build. Also, I moved the configuration to a self-activating java profile so now they are working in the Edgent module too and there the report says:

[INFO] --- jacoco-maven-plugin:0.7.9:check (check-coverage) @ apache-edgent ---
[INFO] Loading execution data file /Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/integrations/apache-edgent/target/target/coverage-reports/jacoco-ut.exec
[INFO] Analyzed bundle 'apache-edgent' with 5 classes
[INFO] All coverage checks have been met.

Good job :-)

I however had to prevent failing coverage reports to break the build as the camel integration is less well tested:

[INFO] --- jacoco-maven-plugin:0.7.9:check (check-coverage) @ apache-camel ---
[INFO] Loading execution data file /Users/christofer.dutz/Projects/Apache/PLC4X/integrations/apache-camel/target/target/coverage-reports/jacoco-ut.exec
[INFO] Analyzed bundle 'apache-camel' with 4 classes
[WARNING] Rule violated for bundle apache-camel: instructions covered ratio is 0.00, but expected minimum is 0.50
[WARNING] Rule violated for bundle apache-camel: classes missed count is 4, but expected maximum is 0
[WARNING] Coverage checks have not been met. See log for details.

It would be cool if the camel adapter could receive some tests ;-)

Chris

Am 08.01.18, 18:36 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dl...@apache.org>:

    On the topic of coverage…

    The way the “integrations” are setup, they aren’t inheriting the “Fail the build” config setup in plc4j/pom.xml.
    Is that intentional?  Should that config be pushed up into the top level pom, or duplicated in integrations/pom.xml (or individual integrations)?

    Also it would be helpful if DEVELOPMENT.md were updated to capture the “how to run sonar locally” info below.

    Thanks!
    — Dale

Re: Coverage reports

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org>.