Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru> on 2009/04/02 16:37:29 UTC

Re[2]: Combining Repositories

Greetings, David Aldrich!

>> SVNParentPath is what you need most likely.

DA> This may be relevant to an issue we have. Please will you expand on how one might use SVNParentPath?

It is used for Apache installation to tell the dav_svn module, where to look
for repositories home path, instead of specifying path to each of them
directly.

So to say, you could have configuration similar to this:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.mydomain.local

    DocumentRoot "C:/home/svn"
    AddDefaultCharset utf-8

    ErrorLog "C:/home/svn/.log/error_log"
    CustomLog "C:/home/svn/.log/access_log" common env=!SVN-ACTION
    CustomLog "C:/home/svn/.log/svn_access_log" svn env=SVN-ACTION

    <Location "/svn">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 192.168.1.10

        <IfModule dav_svn_module>
            DAV svn
            SVNParentPath "C:/home/svn"
        </IfModule>

    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

And every repository you create in C:/home/svn (F.e.

  svnadmin create C:/home/svn/mytestrepos

)
Will be accessible through URL
http://www.mydomain.local/svn/mytestrepos