Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2017/04/28 06:28:12 UTC

Github messages on dev list

Hi,

See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13929

We are now getting all these messages from Github on dev@cloudstack.apache.org

We didn't have this before. Do we want this?

Personally I find it very annoying that my inbox now gets so many messages from Github.

Anybody else feeling that way?

Wido

Re: Github messages on dev list

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
I don’t know…I like waking up to about 200 e-mails that I need to delete. ;)

On 4/28/17, 7:52 AM, "Nicolas Vazquez" <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I personally prefer the way it worked before, where Github username was
    shown in From field and not in Subject. That way mails could be grouped by
    PR

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
Will the current setting of "commits" show messages for commits to PRs, or
only tracked branches in the apache repo?

If it doesn't, I wonder if we could get a notification if the status of a
PR changes. This would highlight if new code has been introduced or if
Travis has been kicked off again.

This would reduce the 'noise' and would focus on actionable changes to the
PRs which should be reviewed.

Is something like this possible?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
Hi Wido

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1,

I like the way it was showing who made the comment in FROM field, now just shows git at github dot com.
Is there a way we can change this setting?

Thanks,
Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com