Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/04 00:53:03 UTC

Question about future Kylin features and roapmap.

Greetings ,

We managed to finish a PoC on using Kylin as enterprise level BI tool.Our
primary  goal is to streamline the KPI management in the orgnisation.
However we come up with following limitation and want to know whether they
are in your roadmap

1) Will there be a MAC ODBC Driver available? (We use couple of BI tools in
different BUs including Tabalue,PowerBI,Excel,Domo..etc in different
platforms)
2) Support MDX
3) Star Schema (I assume answer for this is No)
4) Presentation layer for BI tools. (For example when we connect to a cube
 in Tableau, it looks as if its connected to  table.There's no grouping of
Dimensions and Measure, grouping under folders...etc  )

Re: Question about future Kylin features and roapmap.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Open JIRAs serve as the list of possible ideas.

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Thanks to Ashika for raising the questions. This is exactly how road map is
created by collecting community voices.

From what I see, snowflake schema is a strong need. Its JIRA has been there

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashika,