Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by icet <ic...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/08/31 22:10:53 UTC

localhost.log vs. catalina.out

Hi, this seems to be a very obvious question, but I couldn't find anything in
the forums about it.

What's the difference between those files? catalina.out contains everything
localhost.log does, plus other messages? Messages related to tomcat
initialization and stuff?

I never used localhost.log for debugging purpouses, always went straight to
catalina.out.

[]s

Re: localhost.log vs. catalina.out

Posted by Lionel Crine <lc...@linagora.com>.
Hello,

If I may add more information :

In a production context, you should never use catalina.out to find
application errors.
Everything should be logged into the juli and/or log4j log files.

Anyway, catalina.out will always contain non catchable errors.

Lionel

Lionel CRINE - GROUPE LINAGORA
Open Source Software Engineer
Tel. : 01 58 18 68 28 - Fax : 01 58 18 68 29
www.linagora.com / www.linagora.org

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.