Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2007/10/16 15:08:25 UTC

Re: [Trinidad] your thoughts on a 1.2.3 rc

Hi,

The only issue that I noticed which is important to have fixed in the
1.2.3 rc ( at least for our project ;)
is the panelPopup with modal=true in FF2. AFAIK it is fixed in 1.0.3,
according to below attached mail,
and so I assume it will also be in 1.2.3 hopefully :-)

We have been working with a 1.2.3. SNAPSHOT for a while and it seemed
rather stable to us.
So I would vote for a go at 1.2.3rc (again, provided above fix is
contained ;)

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.

On 10/16/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
hi,

I am still behind my mails, but noticed that a 1.2.3-branch has been
created. I'd like to ask for a timeframe for when we can try to
release a 1.2.3, based on this branch.

Are there any (big) know issues?
Did someone used it for testing already?

Thx,
Matthias

----- Weitergeleitet von Wolfgang Toepfer/PTA_GL/De am 16.10.2007 15:01
-----

"Andrew Robinson" <an...@gmail.com>
11.10.2007 18:08
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Trinidad] tr:panelPopup broken in Trinidad 1.2.2 with FF 2.x ?

1.2.3 will have some large position fixes. 1.0.3 already has them.

On 10/11/07, wolfgang.toepfer@pta.de <wo...@pta.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For your information, as I am not sure wether this is a known problem
> or just a configuration issue on my side.
>
>  I tried a simple popup such as

> alignment="center" modal="true">

>                                  <trh:rowLayout>

> action="fXAbbrechen"/>

> action="f1Change"/>
>                                    </trh:rowLayout>

> However, this only works in IE 7 but not in FF 2.x. In FF the behaviour
is
> strangely buggy: the mouse pointer
> switches to a "prohibited" symbol and everything is disabled apart from
FF's

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

possible to check if the fix is in there ?

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: Re: Re: [Trinidad] your thoughts on a 1.2.3 rc

Posted by wo...@pta.de.
Hi,

Another problem with 1.2.3 SNAPSHOT (10/12/07) seems to be that the
skinnings of various components
are gone e.g. the trees and tables.

It is not a matter of any skinnig setup in the CSS file, it is the basic
skinning that comes out-of-the-box which
has magically disappeared now :-(

I noticed this quite late because of not restarting the application server
often enough.. ;)

I think this should be made sure it is fixed. Otherwise, believe it, the
whole 1.2.3 would look pretty poor!

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.

wolfgang.toepfer@pta.de
17.10.2007 09:55
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: Re: [Trinidad] your thoughts on a 1.2.3 rc

Hi,

Not so sure if it's really there or, even, if the fixes really relate to
FF 2.

Our snapshot is from last Friday,  10/12/07. The last svn entry I saw from
below svn link is from 7th of October.
I tested panelPopup on FF 2 with the 1.2.3 SNAPSHOT just a few moments ago
and
it completely blocks the whole FF window including the panelPopup, see
below(est) mail.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.

"Andrew Robinson" <an...@gmail.com>
16.10.2007 20:57

Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Trinidad] your thoughts on a 1.2.3 rc

AFAICT the file does have the 1.0.3 changes

File:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/trinidad/branches/1.2.3-branch/trinidad-impl/src/main/javascript/META-INF/adf/jsLibs/PanelPopup.js

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.