Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/11/05 21:50:47 UTC

forking off releases/branch-0.60 to work with hadoop-2.6

FYI, there's going to be an RC of Hadoop 2.6 this weekend. To celebrate
this I'm creating a slider-0.60 release which will be in sync.

1. The branch already exists: releases/branch-0.60  please try and
stabilize this. new features into develop/

2. I did one last-minute feature addition to slider today, before this fork
: SLIDER-619 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-619>

the registry --list and --listconf commands support the --out argument to
take a file; if set it saves the output to a text file. This is for testing.

Gour: I know you want to get your work on server-side logging in: once you
are happy with it commit to develop/ and then cherry pick over the 0.60
branch

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: forking off releases/branch-0.60 to work with hadoop-2.6

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
I am proposing that SLIDER-620 should be part of 0.60 release. While this
is a debugging improvement, it seems to be a critical one especially when
the error happens due to some bad configuration.

I am working on the fix and testing it. ETA is Nov 6th morning.

Let me know if there are any concerns.

-Sumit

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
Steve,

wrote:

> FYI, there's going to be an RC of Hadoop 2.6 this weekend. To celebrate
> this I'm creating a slider-0.60 release which will be in sync.
>
> 1. The branch already exists: releases/branch-0.60  please try and
> stabilize this. new features into develop/
>
> 2. I did one last-minute feature addition to slider today, before this fork
> : SLIDER-619 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-619>
>
> the registry --list and --listconf commands support the --out argument to
> take a file; if set it saves the output to a text file. This is for
> testing.
>
> Gour: I know you want to get your work on server-side logging in: once you
> are happy with it commit to develop/ and then cherry pick over the 0.60
> branch
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE