Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com> on 2002/10/29 11:38:08 UTC

package not found Error

A strange error keeps persisting when I am using any <layout:XXXXX> tag in
my JSP running in Tomcat 4.1. It doesnt seem to be ableto find the
Struts-Layout classes although I have placed the Struts-Layout.jar in the
lib directory and defined and placed the TLDs at the proper places.

 It says:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
C:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\webpages\viewCategory_jsp.java:152:
package fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview does not exist
    fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag
_jspx_th_layout_treeview_0 =
(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag)
_jspx_tagPool_layout_treeview_name.get(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treev
iew.TreeViewTag.class);
                                            ^
C:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\webpages\viewCategory_jsp.java:152:
package fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview does not exist
    fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag
_jspx_th_layout_treeview_0 =
(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag)
_jspx_tagPool_layout_treeview_name.get(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treev
iew.TreeViewTag.class);

^
C:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\webpages\viewCategory_jsp.java:152:
package fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview does not exist
    fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag
_jspx_th_layout_treeview_0 =
(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag)
_jspx_tagPool_layout_treeview_name.get(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treev
iew.TreeViewTag.class);

^
3 errors

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Affan

Re: package not found Error

Posted by Jean-Noel Ribette <je...@improve.fr>.
Hi,

This is very strange, could you double check that Struts-Layout.jar is in
the lib directory, that it contains the required classes, and that the jar
is added to the classpath ?

Are you trying to precompile the jsp ? In this case do you need to do some
extra configuration to add the jar to the classpath ?

HTH,

Jean-Noel

At 11:38 29/10/2002, Affan Qureshi wrote:
>A strange error keeps persisting when I am using any <layout:XXXXX> tag in
>my JSP running in Tomcat 4.1. It doesnt seem to be ableto find the
>Struts-Layout classes although I have placed the Struts-Layout.jar in the
>lib directory and defined and placed the TLDs at the proper places.
>
>  It says:
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>
>An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
>
>Generated servlet error:
>     [javac] Compiling 1 source file
>C:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\webpages\viewCategory_jsp.java:152:
>package fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview does not exist
>     fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag
>_jspx_th_layout_treeview_0 =
>(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag)
>_jspx_tagPool_layout_treeview_name.get(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treev
>iew.TreeViewTag.class);
>                                             ^
>C:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\webpages\viewCategory_jsp.java:152:
>package fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview does not exist
>     fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag
>_jspx_th_layout_treeview_0 =
>(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag)
>_jspx_tagPool_layout_treeview_name.get(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treev
>iew.TreeViewTag.class);
>
>^
>C:\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\_\webpages\viewCategory_jsp.java:152:
>package fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview does not exist
>     fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag
>_jspx_th_layout_treeview_0 =
>(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treeview.TreeViewTag)
>_jspx_tagPool_layout_treeview_name.get(fr.improve.struts.taglib.layout.treev
>iew.TreeViewTag.class);
>
>^
>3 errors
>
>Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
>
>Affan
>

>--

   improve           Jean-Noël Ribette
Ingénieur études et développement