Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2018/06/22 15:39:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 released

The Apache Log4j  team is pleased to announce the Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 release!

Apache Log4j Audit provides a framework for defining audit events and then logging them using Log4j. The framework focuses on defining the events and providing an easy mechanism for applications to log them, allowing products to provide consistency and validity to the events that are logged. It does not focus on how the log events are written to a data store. Log4j itself provides many options for that.
Log4j Audit builds upon Log4j by defining its own AuditMessage. An AuditMessage is a container for structured data messages which allows a log message to be generated that contains a set of keys and values. The AuditMessage passes through Log4j as any other log event would.

For complete information on Apache Log4j 2, including instructions on how to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache Apache Log4j 2 website:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j-audit/latest/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 released

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Looks like you can forward the announcement to press@apache.org and Sally
will handle it. If you send the email to announce@apache.org from your
apache email, it'll get posted on apache.org as well. We never did this for
Log4j 2.0 from what I recall, and log4j-api isn't as prevalent as it could
be.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Log4j Audit 1.0.0 released

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
(Re-posting since I did not see the link when sending from my yahoo mail
account.)

Blogged:
https://blogs.apache.org/logging/entry/announce-apache-log4j-audit-1

Please share on social media!