Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Suresh <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/05 14:06:04 UTC

[ApacheDS]How to set Password complexity

Dear Team,

I am implementing password policy in my organization using ApacheDS but I
cant find any way to set it.

I can set Massword max length and min length etc but no option for
complexity.

Can anybody help in this ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Suresh

Re: [ApacheDS]How to set Password complexity

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Suresh <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I am implementing password policy in my organization using ApacheDS but I
> cant find any way to set it.
>
> I can set Massword max length and min length etc but no option for
> complexity.
>
> you can add an implementation of the PasswordValidator [1] and add its
FQCN as the value
of the attribute "ads-pwdValidator" of the entry
ads-pwdId=default,ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
in your config.ldif

Note that the value of this attribute it set to DefaultPasswordValidator[2]
by default.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/api/authn/ppolicy/PasswordValidator.java
[2]