Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by akira <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/04 06:00:05 UTC

Re: users Digest 3 Sep 2009 17:04:35 -0000 Issue 3798

On Sep 4, 2009, at 2:04 AM, users-digest-help@tapestry.apache.org wrote:

> From: Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
> Date: September 4, 2009 2:03:57 AM GMT+09:00
> To: Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
> Subject: Add yourself to the Tapestry Users Map
>

> I maintain a map of Google Map of Tapestry users:
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106662057515738259524.0004696f8216ba268b74a&z=3
>
> It's fun an informative for me, and for others, to see where the
> Tapestry users are.  For instance, I can see that Germany is a real
> hot-bed of Tapestry activity (a separate discussion would be why
> there as opposed to elsewhere?).

Howard, here (in Japan) the adoption of technologies without native
documentation is something that will never happen (yes, language is a
great barrier for non eglish speak countries). Some years ago i was
hired for a company just to wrap a middleware framework because the
lack of docummentation in japanese (i was treated like a hero for the
project manager, or like i was saving her job?). I was surprised when
i came here and came to know the facts, project managers and the
people who have decision roles (35 ~ 5x years old), will run like they
are running from the devil when they have to use technologies that
lacks docummentation in native language. Even Spring is outpassed here
by another framework called Seasar (japanese framework) because
language barriers.
I know that there are sourceforge localized sites (english, japanese
etc), what i don't understand is why, on these days there are no
localized sites for apache technologies? They are accessed all over
the world.
I do believe that having the Tapestry site translated (as well as the
awaited T5 book!) will help ease/boost Tapestry adoption.

Regards, Akira.