Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Galen Dunkleberger <ga...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/17 18:02:08 UTC

Bindings on unrendered components

Ok so I asked this question once before a while back and never really
got an answer and i'm still wondering about it. I have components that
have rendered=false and yet their method/value bindings and their
children's method/value bindings are still being called. Should this
be considered normal behavior for JSF? I would think that if i set a
panelGroup's rendered flag to false that any method/value bindings of
it's children would not be invoked. This doesn't seem to be the case
though. I'm wondering is this just a MyFaces issue or JSF in general?
Thinking about it I realize that the tree of components has to be
restored but during that processing couldn't a flag be passed along if
a parent container was not rendered so that value/method bindings
would not be invoked?
                             ..am I the only one that's ever run into
this problem?
                                                 Thanks,
                                                     Galen