Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Evan Rusackas <ev...@preset.io.INVALID> on 2023/01/04 23:18:59 UTC

Some notes on Superset 2.0.1 and Superset 1.5.x

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send a quick note to everyone about Superset’s most recent 2.0.1 release, and how it pertains to 1.5.x releases going forward

First, I wanted to point out that the 2.0.1 release is intended to provide a slew of stability and security enhancements for the Superset 2.0. This should help a number of people who have been awaiting such improvements in order to make the leap from 1.5.x to 2.x.

Also, I wanted to acknowledge that we are indeed working on a 1.5.3 release as well, which will incorporate some but not likely all of these security fixes. However, we suspect that many of the patches may cause complications which will preclude bringing them into 1.5.2. The release managers working on this will make a best attempt to back-port these security fixes, but the project may face a difficult choice of baking a 1.5.3 release with an incomplete set of security patches, or discuss dropping LTS support for 1.5.x. Either way we encourage the community at large to begin their migration to 2.0.1, since that’s where the bulk of engineering effort will be focused going forward.

Additional/related details on the 2.0.1 release can be found on this blog post: https://preset.io/blog/superset-patch-release/

Thank you,

-e-

Evan Rusackas