Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 01:56:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Exec 1.3-RC1.

Hi All:

This is a VOTE to release Commons Exec 1.3-RC1

This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until November 5 2014 8 PM EST.

The files:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1055/

The tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/exec/tags/1.3-RC1

The site:

https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-exec/site/

Links to versions of sites and Javadocs will be live when deployed.

Thank you,
Gary Gregory

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Exec 1.3-RC1.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>
wrote:

> Build works fine with Java 1.5 and 1.7 on Windows 8.1. Artifacts and
> site look good.
>
> Minor nit: The JIRA report on the site just shows an error message.

What a PITA, I see:

[INFO] Generating "Changes" report              ---
maven-changes-plugin:2.11:changes-report
[INFO] Generating "JIRA Report" report          ---
maven-changes-plugin:2.11:jira-report
[INFO] Falling back to RSS for issue download: This JIRA server does not
support version 2 of the REST API, which maven-changes-plugin requires.
[INFO] Downloading from JIRA at:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?tempMax=100&reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+EXEC+AND+status+in+%28Resolved%2C+Closed%29+AND+resolution+in+%28Fixed%29
+AND+type+in+%28Bug%2C+%22New+Feature%22%2C+Task%2C+Improvement%2C+Wish%2C+Test%29+ORDER+BY+fixversion+DESC%2C+type+ASC%2C+key+DESC
[WARNING] Downloading from JIRA failed. Received: [400]
[WARNING]
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to parse JIRA XML.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.JiraXML.parse(JiraXML.java:132)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.JiraXML.parseXML(JiraXML.java:108)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.ClassicJiraDownloader.getIssueList(ClassicJiraDownloader.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.AdaptiveJiraDownloader.getIssueList(AdaptiveJiraDownloader.java:89)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.JiraMojo.executeReport(JiraMojo.java:374)
        at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:255)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.render.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDocumentRenderer.java:224)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.renderModule(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.render(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:129)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.render.SiteMojo.renderLocale(SiteMojo.java:182)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.render.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:141)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:132)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:120)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:347)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:154)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 105; columnNumber: 3;
The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
"</meta>".
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.JiraXML.parse(JiraXML.java:128)
        ... 31 more

Gary

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
+1, builds fine with my compiler zoo.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
My +1,

Gary

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Gary,

Based on the report which is manually maintained so there is no need for
+0 ...so i change to +1...

Just simply create a jira for it an fix it for the next release...just
not to forget it...

On 11/4/14 6:20 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Thank you Karl and Kristian for pointing that out.
>
> I removed mention of Java 1.3 and 1.4 from that page since we only run
> on Java 5.
>
> I also added "This page has not been updated for version 1.10.".
>
> I am hoping to avoid cutting another RC just because of the site.
>
> I'll wait to see what VOTEs comes in.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.