Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Kurt T Stam <ks...@apache.org> on 2007/07/26 20:28:35 UTC

scout-v1.0rc1 is out

Hi guys,

Scout-1.0rc1 is out :). The website should update itself within the hour
to reflect the new release.
But if you can't wait you can download the jars here:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/ws/scout/

RELEASE NOTES

  Release Notes - Scout - Version 1.0rc1

** Bug
    * [SCOUT-23] - Classification are not saved.
    * [SCOUT-25] - FindBinding does not work + patch
    * [SCOUT-26] - Removing a service does not remove the service + patch
    * [SCOUT-28] - XmlBeans conversion compiles but is non-functional
    * [SCOUT-29] - AuthTokenImpl.getAuthInfo() doesn't seem to work correctly
    * [SCOUT-30] - Classifications are ignored when preforming finds.
    * [SCOUT-31] - Fix scout maven 1 build issue so that the dependency jars can be downloaded automatically
    * [SCOUT-32] - Fix NPE at getConcept
    * [SCOUT-33] - Should throw exception when level 1 feature is accessed in RegistryEntryImpl.java
    * [SCOUT-34] - DiscoveryURLs aren't constructed correctly when there is more than 1 discoveryURLs for a businessEntity
    * [SCOUT-35] - Should use hashset for the collection in BulkResponseImpl to not allow duplicate
    * [SCOUT-36] - minor update to get scout maven 2 build pass the error in download juddi snapshot
    * [SCOUT-40] - InternationalString is not handled correctly
    * [SCOUT-41] - Results not returned in the given order
    * [SCOUT-44] - port fixes for scout 8 to trunk
    * [SCOUT-45] - port scout 19 to trunk
    * [SCOUT-46] - port scout 10 to trunk

** Improvement
    * [SCOUT-9] - Separation of Apache Scout and jUDDI

** New Feature
    * [SCOUT-18] - Embedded mode execution

** Task
    * [SCOUT-27] - Update Tests with embedded juddi setup
    * [SCOUT-37] - Cleanup code to get rid of warnings
    * [SCOUT-38] - Produce website from the maven2 build
    * [SCOUT-39] - Integrate all sample code in unittests
    * [SCOUT-42] - apply fixes on 0.7 branches to the trunk

Cheers,

--Kurt

Re: scout-v1.0rc1 is out

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kurt, this is great!  Thanks for all your effort in putting it out.

We'll try it in geronimo and report any prob here (hopefully none). :)

Lin

Re: Scout problems

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ks...@apache.org>.
Thanks Javier,

Yes please jira them: http://ws.apache.org/scout/issue-tracking.html

--Kurt

Re: Scout problems

Posted by Javier Botana <ja...@uni-koeln.de>.
Hi again,

I have now built a new jUDDI.war with maven and not with Ant like
previously. The build process worked out perfectly!

Now, when running the same sample as before (deployed in Tomcat 5.5.20),
there are no exceptions whatsoever.. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Still, I have the same issues as I posted in my first mail (repeated in the
following for your convenience):

and the phone number and the postal address collections as well!

Now, how can I JIRA them?

Kind regards,

Javier

Re: Scout problems

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ks...@apache.org>.
Hmm. I don't have time right now to run your files, but it seems awfully
close to what we do in
the JAXR010OrganizationTest? Let me know if that helps, I may have time
tomorrow to look at it some more.

--Kurt

Re: Scout problems

Posted by Javier Botana <ja...@uni-koeln.de>.
Hi Kurt,

Re: Scout problems

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ks...@apache.org>.

Scout problems

Re: scout-v1.0rc1 is out

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
FYI - we've tested this in geronimo env, so far it looks good. :)

Lin

Re: scout-v1.0rc1 is out

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.