Posted to users@camel.apache.org by AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me> on 2013/03/07 13:03:18 UTC

Camel blueprint and drools

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any examples of drools running under blueprint?

I can see that there is a camel-spring example, which works great, but not a
camel-blueprint example anywhere

I'd appreciate if anyone knows anything about this :)

Thanks,
Alan

Re: Camel blueprint and drools

Posted by AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me>.
Hi Scott,

That sounds great! I've switched to the 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT now, i'm seeing some
JMX error messages but nothing major. Still no luck getting everything to
wire together though, I'll have to poke around the commit log and see what
has changed!

In the meantime though, I decided the path of least resistance would be to
indirectly communicate via ActiveMq :-

    <route>
       <from uri="direct:blueprintRouteWithoutDrools" />

        <inOut uri="activemq:springRouteWithDrools" />
     </route>

    <route>
       <from uri="direct:springRouteWithDrools" />
        <to uri="drools:..." />
     </route>

This didn't work initially, but I was able to fix it by adding 'implements
Serializable' to the Person class

It would be great to hear how you get on with your drools example updates :)

Cheers
Alan

scranton wrote

Posted by Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>.
Alan,

Posted by AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM, AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Thanks for the response;
>
> I spotted this example before, but unfortunately the spring example doesn't
> work when trying to convert it to a blueprint bundle
>
> Do you happen to know where a blueprint bundle example can be found? :)

No I have not seen a blueprint example. Maybe you can port that
example to blueprint?

> Alan
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>> Hi
>>
>> There is a Camel and Drools example here
>> https://github.com/FuseByExample/camel-drools-example
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM, AlanFoster &lt;
>
>> alan@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just wondering if there's any examples of drools running under blueprint?
>>>
>>> I can see that there is a camel-spring example, which works great, but
>>> not a
>>> camel-blueprint example anywhere
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate if anyone knows anything about this :)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alan
>>>

>>> --
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email:
>
>> cibsen@
>
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Camel blueprint and drools

Posted by AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me>.
Hi Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM, AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if there's any examples of drools running under blueprint?
>
> I can see that there is a camel-spring example, which works great, but not a
> camel-blueprint example anywhere
>
> I'd appreciate if anyone knows anything about this :)
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

Claus Ibsen