Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Boris Kovalenko <bo...@tagnet.ru> on 2005/03/08 07:38:00 UTC

Postrgres problems??

Hello!

	I use SpamAssassin 3.0.2 with FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE and PostgreSQL 8.0. I
found in my PostgreSQL's log many messages like:

ERROR:  column "newest_token_age" is integer, but expression type:
character varying
COMMAND:  UPDATE bayes_vars SET newest_token_age = $1
                      WHERE id = $2 AND newest_token_age < $3

ERROR:  operator does not exists: integer + character varying
COMMAND:  UPDATE bayes_token
           SET spam_count = spam_count + $1,
               atime = $2
         WHERE id = $3
           AND token = $4
           AND spam_count + $5 >= 0

So, I think something is wrong with prepared PostgreSQL statements. May
be they should be rewritten. Or may be something wrong is with my
configuration :) Any comments?

With respect,
	Boris

Re: Postrgres problems??

Posted by Boris Kovalenko <bo...@tagnet.ru>.
Hello!

	Yes, I use 1.40. I really don't know if I can use 1.32, because DBD was
installed via port dependency. I will try to downgrade port and install
1.32 if this will not break anything.

Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2005, at 1:38 AM, Boris Kovalenko wrote:
>
>> ERROR:  column "newest_token_age" is integer, but expression type:
>> character varying
>> COMMAND:  UPDATE bayes_vars SET newest_token_age = $1
>>                      WHERE id = $2 AND newest_token_age < $3
>>

> Which DBD::Pg are you using?  I hear there are some typing issues with
> 1.40.  Try 1.32 if you can.
>

> Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
> +1-301-869-4449 x806

Regards,
	Boris

Re: Postrgres problems??

Posted by Vivek Khera <vi...@khera.org>.

Re: Postrgres problems??

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:38:00AM +0500, Boris Kovalenko wrote:
> 	I use SpamAssassin 3.0.2 with FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE and PostgreSQL 8.0. I found in my PostgreSQL's log many messages like:
>
> So, I think something is wrong with prepared PostgreSQL statements. May be they should be rewritten. Or may be something wrong is with my
> configuration :) Any comments?

The postgresql bayes code has been rewritten, actually just made
postgresql specific, in 3.1.  The code in 3.0 is not very postgresql
friendly.  Now, possibly there is a similar problem in 3.1, feel free
to test and report any problems via Bugzilla.

Michael