Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by pan master <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/01/09 06:55:42 UTC

ElementSerializer

Hi

Does Axis allow deserializing a complex type into a flat DOM tree without
multirefs? I am interested in applying XSLT transform on the SOAP response.

For example, would it be possible to serialize the output of echoStruct()
method in samples.echo so that the output of the invocation would be
(namespaces removed for brevity):

SOAP Response Message on Wire:
<Body>
  <echoStruct>
    <inputStruct href="#id1"/>
  </echoStruct>
  <SOAPStruct id="id1">
    <varInt>10</varInt>
    <varString>aaa</varString>
    <varFloat>10.12</varFloat>
  </SOAPStruct>
</Body>

Output of Deserialization (as DOM or SAX):

  <echoStruct>
    <inputStruct>
      <varInt>10</varInt>
      <varString>aaa</varString>
      <varFloat>10.12</varFloat>
    </inputStruct>
  </echoStruct>

I tried using ElementSerializer but it only seems to deserialize only the
first element in SOAPStruct into a DOM tree. Is ElementSerializer the right
deserializer?

thanks