Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Olivier Jaquemet <ol...@jalios.com> on 2005/10/14 16:48:29 UTC

Lucene 1.9 release date?

Hi all,

Some features we would like to use for our next software revision are
part of lucene 1.9, in order to know if we can plan to use this version,
could you tell me when do you think lucene 1.9 stable will be released?
I could not find any roadmap on the lucene site or wiki.

Re: Lucene 1.9 release date?

Posted by Olivier Jaquemet <ol...@jalios.com>.
> Build what is in  Subversion and run with it :)  Report issues if you
> encounter any.

Then we will do so! :)
Thank you Erik

Re: Lucene 1.9 release date?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:03 AM, Ray Tsang wrote:
> I think this release issue died out again.  I noticed an increase in
> commit activities recently!  I've also noticed the release plan for
> 2.0 on the wiki.  Does current 1.9 already meet the criterias for 2.0?
> At least API-wise?  If so, is it possible to make ways for a release?
> at least marking the API stable, setting a feature freeze, and make
> release candidates?

As far as I know, the current trunk is ready for release, waiting for
a release manager volunteer.  I'm all for a release.

The only thing I have on my plate is to move the (Span)RegexQuery to
contrib/regex, which I'll be doing this week.

> Also, I mentioned before about a Tracker bug regarding the 1.9
> release.  In JIRA, we should mark all other versions as 'released',
> and move 1.9 up to the front of version list.  This way, JIRA will
> collapse all the other versions and only show open issues related to
> 1.9 release.

I have just marked all the other versions as released in JIRA.  It
still shows 1.9 under the "unreleased" area at the bottom of the
list, though.  I'm not sure how to change that.  Once 1.9 is marked
as released it will appear at the top as it is listed as the latest,
but it groups into released and unreleased with no option (that I can
see) to order those.

	Erik

Re: Lucene 1.9 release date?

Posted by Ray Tsang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I think this release issue died out again.  I noticed an increase in
commit activities recently!  I've also noticed the release plan for
2.0 on the wiki.  Does current 1.9 already meet the criterias for 2.0?
At least API-wise?  If so, is it possible to make ways for a release?
at least marking the API stable, setting a feature freeze, and make
release candidates?

Also, I mentioned before about a Tracker bug regarding the 1.9
release.  In JIRA, we should mark all other versions as 'released',
and move 1.9 up to the front of version list.  This way, JIRA will
collapse all the other versions and only show open issues related to
1.9 release.

Ray,

Re: Lucene 1.9 release date?

Posted by Ray Tsang <sa...@gmail.com>.