Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Sean Rohead <se...@nextpage.com> on 2006/04/07 00:32:40 UTC

TimeZone

The change notes for the 2.0.1 release list the following change:

- Added the possibility to specify a timezone for interpreting
   incoming date values.
   Henry Story

I would like to set the timezone for incoming dates to UTC, but I have
not been able to figure out how to do this.  I found that XmlRpcClient
has a setTimeZone method to change the timezone for *outgoing* messages
and their responses.  However, I have not found anything to do this for
*incoming* messages.  I have looked at the code in WebServer and it
doesn't look like this is possible, but can someone please tell me if I
have missed something.

Thank you

Re: TimeZone

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sean Rohead wrote:

> I would like to set the timezone for incoming dates to UTC, but I have
> not been able to figure out how to do this.  I found that XmlRpcClient
> has a setTimeZone method to change the timezone for *outgoing* messages
> and their responses.  However, I have not found anything to do this for
> *incoming* messages.  I have looked at the code in WebServer and it
> doesn't look like this is possible, but can someone please tell me if I
> have missed something.

With version 3, you would create a subclass of TypeFactoryImpl and overwrite
it to handle calendar or date values differently. This works for both client
and server.

With version 2, you can overwrite the XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor to
return a modified version of DefaultTypeFactory.

Jochen