Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by JMeter_Newbee <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/01 06:40:03 UTC

JMeter server fails to start

Hi,
I am trying to run JMeter in distributed mode with a Master and two slaves.
When I try to start JMeter servers on a  slave I get an exception, the stack
trace of which looks like:

2007/02/28 22:31:49 ERROR - jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl:
rmiregistry needs to be running to start JMeter in server mode
        java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread;
nested exception is:
        java.rmi.AccessException: Registry.Registry.rebind disallowed;
origin /172.26.58.50 is non-local host
2007/02/28 22:31:49 ERROR - jmeter.JMeter: Giving up, as server failed with:
java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot start. See server log file.
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.init(RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.java:60)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.<init>(RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.java:46)

Now, the IP mentioned here(172.26.58.50) happens to be of the same slave
machine (which probably means that the localhost was correctly resolved).
However the exception says that the IP is non-localhost and hence registry
rebind is disallowed.This probably means that the RMI thought that the
machine is a remote machine. Why is this happening? Any pointers to this
problem would be appreciated !

P.S. The JVM versions are same for both RMI and JMeter and there is no space
in the path of JMeter as well.

SV: JMeter HTTP proxy server: sometimes loses recording controller?

Posted by Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com>.
Do you guys need more details, what should I supply for a usefull setup for you to reproduce this?

And Sebb you mentioned that it the error you talked about would be fixed, are the fix in an unstable release or does it still need to be fixed?

regards Nino

Posted by Nino Wael <Ni...@sdk.sas.com>.
Ok, thanks alot:)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: JMeter server fails to start

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
localhost should normally resolve to 127.0.0.1.

S.