Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Fix <ga...@unigard.com> on 2001/11/20 18:13:56 UTC

How To Unload A TomCat Servlet To Reload A New Instance?

Hi!
I'm (still) experimenting with Tomcat on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation,
SP6, with PWS and Tomcat 3.2.3...
Now my question is, once I have loaded a Tomcat servlet, is there a way to
unload it to get an updated version loaded, without having to shutdown the
entire Tomcat?
thanks in advance...gary...

Re: How To Unload A TomCat Servlet To Reload A New Instance?

Posted by Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>.
Gary Fix wrote:

> Now my question is, once I have loaded a Tomcat servlet, is there a way to
> unload it to get an updated version loaded, without having to shutdown the
> entire Tomcat?

Yes, see the documentation for server.xml:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

Search for "reload".

dwh