Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2002/08/27 00:30:12 UTC

Re: mod_perl 1.99_05 install confusion

modperl-2.0/INSTALL has a "Simple install":
% perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache2
% make && make test
% make install

where MP_AP_PREFIX is the apache installation tree.

the docs should always suggest building against an installed apache (like
the steps above).  unless, one wishes to build modperl static into httpd.
which isn't supported at the moment anyhow.

please use docs-dev@perl.apache.org for any future docs
questions/suggestions, thanks.