Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/09 17:15:37 UTC

T5 Tapestry 5 Ajax abilities compared to 4.1

Hi,

I have an application in T4.0.1, and I have a problem than can be
solved using AJAX.  I have a feeling I'll want to do more and more
AJAX for this app once I get the hang of it.
However merging in yet-another-plugin that allows AJAX functionality
is a slight minus; I prefer abilities built into Tapestry.

So, how does AJAX support in 4.1 compare to what's available (now) in
5.0.3?  I see that T5 would require much more transitioning (although
the code should look cleaner in the end), but I am willing to do that
if some basic AJAX stuff is available through the framework itself.

The features I need right now are tutorial-level complexity
(refreshing dropdowns, displaying some status info about the server
every few seconds).

If this can be done in T5 at the moment, I'll step up to the plate.
Otherwise I'll use Kent Tong's book to get started in T4.1.

Daniel

Re: T5 Tapestry 5 Ajax abilities compared to 4.1

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Howard!  I'm changing over to 4.1 today.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.