Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Session A Mwamufiya <sm...@andrew.cmu.edu> on 2007/08/02 20:30:14 UTC

performing multiple things with a single button

Hi,

I have two frames and would like to have the submit button from one frame be handled by that frame's action and do the following:
1. capture values from the frame and put them in the session object
2. load a different page in the current frame
3. force the other frame to reload

Getting 1 and 2 are fine with the standard struts 2 flow of events (1 in the action, and 2 as the result page), but how would I be able to do task 3 in addition to these two others?  Is there a way to force a particular frame to reload from within the action?

Thanks,
Session

Re: performing multiple things with a single button

Posted by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>.
Session A Mwamufiya wrote:
> 1. capture values from the frame and put them in the session object
> 2. load a different page in the current frame
> 3. force the other frame to reload
>
> Getting 1 and 2 are fine with the standard struts 2 flow of events (1 in the action, and 2 as the result page), but how would I be able to do task 3 in addition to these two others?  Is there a way to force a particular frame to reload from within the action?

Add your JavaScript to reload other frame to onLoad event of
current frame in 2.
3 is fairly easy to do with onLoad or some other way, until 2
is non-conditional and doesn't depend on logic of 1 or 2
(validation for instance).

Oleg