Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mark <le...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/06 23:29:50 UTC

Mailet delivery to database

So, I'm writing a custom Mailet to deliver a message to a database.
But, I don't want the message processed any further after my mailet,
nor do I want messages to be delivered to a repository.

         <mailet match="All" class="JDBCMailet">
                <processor> transport </processor>
         </mailet>

What do I put in the processor tag? Do I even need the processor tag?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: R: Mailet delivery to database

Posted by Mark <le...@gmail.com>.
Nothing. It seems to work.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: Mailet delivery to database

Posted by Mark <le...@gmail.com>.
On 7/6/05, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:

> You just need to add a "mail.setState(Mailet.GHOST)" in your mailet before

I found Mail.GHOST, but no Mailet.GHOST. I'll try that out.

thx,

Mark

Re: Mailet delivery to database

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> So, I'm writing a custom Mailet to deliver a message to a database.
> But, I don't want the message processed any further after my
> mailet, nor do I want messages to be delivered to a repository.
>
>          <mailet match="All" class="JDBCMailet">
>                 <processor> transport </processor>
>          </mailet>
>

> What do I put in the processor tag? Do I even need the processor tag?

You just need to add a "mail.setState(Mailet.GHOST)" in your mailet before
returning.
Setting the state to GHOST let the spooler know it must be discarded.

Stefano