Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Munteanu Gabriel <gm...@rdslink.ro> on 2003/05/16 17:36:52 UTC

newbie question about database pool connection

Hi all.

I want to instantiate a class which deals with the databases.
The resultant object is held in memory (in RAM) by Tomcat.

I want this object to be available to all web-applications ( or to one
web-application) - which way you know better.

I searched the documentations, and I tried the tag <resource-ref> and a
servlet in my web-application will
access the object by JNDI.

What I want is getting already instantiated objects [instantiated by Tomcat,
or by my context, whatever...]
into my servlet without instantiating objects in my init() method.

I know that there are many methods to do this.

Another issue: (similar to the one above): I have a result set, can I pass
it through sessions.
[I come from php world, and I want to move my applications to servlets].

Thank you in advance.

Gabi