Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Charles Allen <cr...@apache.org> on 2018/07/14 20:54:20 UTC

Java script engine to be removed

http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/335

The javascript Nashorn engine is deprecated and slated to be removed in the
next long term support release of Java.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/5589 is the ticket for
maintaining future java support in Druid.

Not quite sure what the best way forward is. Should we revert back to rhino
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/Rhino ?

Re: Java script engine to be removed

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
IIRC we never moved to Nashorn, and are still using Rhino. Certainly, all
the imports in the relevant files are "org.mozilla".