Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Milson Cardona <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/14 19:07:36 UTC

what do you suggest me... JSTL or Struts tags

Hi

i desire to work with tags, i have been researching about Struts tags and
JSTL, ¿what do you suggest me?,

thanks

--
Ing Milson Fredy Cardona E

Re: what do you suggest me... JSTL or Struts tags

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@gmail.com>.
The taglib documentation for the bean and logic tag libraries both
start with the following note:

"Note: - Many of the features in this taglib are also available in the
JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL). The Struts team
encourages the use of the standard tags over the Struts specific tags
when possible." (See http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/dev_logic.html
and http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/dev_bean.html)

I tend to go along with this advice.  If I can do it with JSTL, I use
JSTL.  Otherwise, I use the Struts tags.

-- Jeff