Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ad...@gmail.com on 2009/04/17 20:46:24 UTC

Struts 2 and Spring Framework

Hi All,

Does anybody has an sample application using Struts 2 and Spring Framework?

When I put the "struts2-spring-plugin-2.1.6.jar" file in my classpath I've
got this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.log4j.Category.isEnabledFor(Category.java:749)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.isTraceEnabled(Log4JLogger.java:327)

If you have a list of jars required, please let put them here!

Help me out!

Re: Struts 2 and Spring Framework

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
> > adiniz@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Does anybody has an sample application using Struts 2 and Spring
> >> Framework?
> >>
> >> When I put the "struts2-spring-plugin-2.1.6.jar" file in my classpath
> >> I've got this error:
> >>
> >> java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> at org.apache.log4j.Category.isEnabledFor(Category.java:749)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.isTraceEnabled(Log4JLogger.j
> >>ava:327)
> >>
> >> If you have a list of jars required, please let put them here!

I have a few projects up here -

http://code.google.com/p/struts2inpractice/source/browse/#svn/trunk

I have to check and see if they need updated, but they could probably help to
serve as starter-apps. They are all maven based though, and if you're asking
about dependencies, etc. I'm guessing you aren't using maven (yet).

> > Check one of the maven dependency sites. Without knowing what libs you're
> > already deploying we'll just spit back whatever Maven tells us is
> > required.
> >
> > At the least you'll need the S2 required jars, whichever Spring jars your
> > application needs (which we don't know), and the plugin jars.
> >
> > Managing transitive dependencies by hand is a PITA.

Yes, I agree with Dave 100%. In fact, it is considered best practice not to
depend on transitive dependencies. If you are going to use Spring via the
Struts2 Spring Plugin, then I suggest you also add Spring as a dependency.
Adding the plugin will automatically add the requirements that allow the
plugin to work properly, but it is best to be explicit as to what your project
needs.

> > Dave

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice
http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

Re: Struts 2 and Spring Framework

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
you can evaluate ours

www.sf.net/projects/cimande

this is Spring, Struts2, Hibernate 3

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:25 AM, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> adiniz@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does anybody has an sample application using Struts 2 and Spring
>> Framework?
>>
>> When I put the "struts2-spring-plugin-2.1.6.jar" file in my classpath I've
>> got this error:
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at org.apache.log4j.Category.isEnabledFor(Category.java:749)
>> at
>> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.isTraceEnabled(Log4JLogger.java:327)
>>
>> If you have a list of jars required, please let put them here!
>
> Check one of the maven dependency sites. Without knowing what libs you're
> already deploying we'll just spit back whatever Maven tells us is required.
>
> At the least you'll need the S2 required jars, whichever Spring jars your
> application needs (which we don't know), and the plugin jars.
>
> Managing transitive dependencies by hand is a PITA.
>
> Dave

Frans Thamura
Meruvian. Java and Enterprise OSS

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info

We provide services to migrate your apps to Java (web), in amazing
fast and reliable.

Re: Struts 2 and Spring Framework

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com>.
ls lib|grep spring

spring-beans.jar
spring-context.jar
spring-core.jar
spring.jar
spring-security-acl-2.0.4.jar
spring-security-core-2.0.4.jar
spring-security-core-tiger-2.0.4.jar
spring-security-taglibs-2.0.4.jar
spring-web.jar
struts2-spring-plugin-2.1.6.jar

If that does not help, you need to post your configuration settings and
stuff.