Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jaco <ja...@pixeldump.org> on 2017/01/18 10:28:43 UTC

air/flash 24 sdk, please update to release NOT beta

hi,

just need to install latest adobe AIR sdk and flash sdk to 24 release NOT
beta in osx/win, apache flex install fails @flash sdk download, which is
probably due to a wrong checksum.

This update is actually crucial due to a UIDeviceFamily ios field change:
from string to integer, it blocks attempts to upload .ipa for test or sale.

Please fix asap or let us know how to fix the md5 to complete installation.

* merging manually the sdk has some issue in osx with an indeterminate
result.

thanx in advance
Marco Fusett aka Jaco

Re: air/flash 24 sdk, please update to release NOT beta

Posted by jaco <ja...@pixeldump.org>.
thanx Josh, this is correct.

Re: air/flash 24 sdk, please update to release NOT beta

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Adobe sometimes releases extra betas with more bug fixes after the first
stable release of a new version of AIR.

- Josh

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
For a 24.x release maybe? 24.0.0 was released on the 10th

Here's the air-sdk-description.xml from the downloaded dmg

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<air-sdk-description>
<name>AIR 24.0.0</name>
<version>24.0.0</version>
<build>180</build>
</air-sdk-description>

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
released on the 10th…

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
The first stable release of AIR 24 was on December 13.

- Josh

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
>> merging manually the sdk has some issue in osx with an indeterminate
result.

You can merge using the command line on osx… just do:

cp <source_dir> <dest_dir> where source_dir is the path to the air 24 sdk
and dest_dir is the path to the flex sdk

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi jaco.

Due to changes in how Adobe AIR SDK 24 is packaged, current and past
releases of Apache Flex cannot install with version 24.  We are working on
a new release that can.

In the interim, you can try a nightly build or try to grab the update
scripts like ide/addAIRtoSDK.sh from the repo an run them on your current
SDK.

HTH,
-Alex

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
"This update is actually crucial due to a UIDeviceFamily ios field change:
from string to integer, it blocks attempts to upload .ipa for test or sale."

To clarify: Unless something changed, this was known for some time and is
only a warning message - it did not block us to update existing ios apps
with air 23, including several apps updated within last 4 or 5 days.

We had to use air 23 instead of air 24 because we saw some packaging issues
with air 24 using extensions that work fine with air 23... see recent
topics in air beta discussion forum for details

-Greg
[sent from my phone]