Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/19 01:47:13 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP fine, SSL segfaults every time; 2.2.14 on Solaris 10 x86. Backtrace included

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Chris Copeland <ch...@cope360.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am building OpenSSL, HTTPD, and Tomcat Connectors on Solaris 10 x86
> using the Sun Studio compiler.
>
> There server runs fine in HTTP mode but segfaults immediately when SSL
> is enabled.  OpenSSL passed all tests when built.
>
> Below I have:
>  * Configure and compile commands for all
>  * Error log
>  * Backtrace
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help.  If I can provide any more
> information, please just let me know what.

Are you using the APR bundled with httpd?  If so, please replace
srclib/apr/pool/unix/port.c with the latest version:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/branches/1.3.x/poll/unix/port.c?revision=836111&view=co

I don't recognize the backtrace you posted, but that logic is in the
general vicinity of two important fixes.  One is specific to 32-bit
builds on Solaris 10 x86; the other is necessary for all Solaris 10 or
OpenSolaris.

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP fine, SSL segfaults every time; 2.2.14 on Solaris 10 x86. Backtrace included

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Chris Copeland <ch...@cope360.com> wrote:
> Jeff, thanks for the help.  Replacing that file solved my problem.
>
> I could use some guidance on what to do now.  I am building packages
> for use on production servers.
>
>  * Would 2.2.14 with this patch suitable for use on a production server?

yes

>  * Would an earlier version of 2.2 be better for my Solaris 10 x86 environment?

possibly; you'd have to pick your poison though; httpd 2.2.11 and the
APR that came with it should be okay with the prefork MPM as far as
the port code goes, but there are a number of bugs fixed since then; I
can't really recommend that

>  * Should I wait for a release that includes these changes?

no

> Any advice greatly appreciated.
>
> -Chris
>
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you using the APR bundled with httpd?  If so, please replace
>> srclib/apr/pool/unix/port.c with the latest version:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/branches/1.3.x/poll/unix/port.c?revision=836111&view=co
>>
>> I don't recognize the backtrace you posted, but that logic is in the
>> general vicinity of two important fixes.  One is specific to 32-bit
>> builds on Solaris 10 x86; the other is necessary for all Solaris 10 or
>> OpenSolaris.

Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP fine, SSL segfaults every time; 2.2.14 on Solaris 10 x86. Backtrace included

Posted by Chris Copeland <ch...@cope360.com>.