Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by al...@sparkgap.cc on 2003/11/06 18:33:58 UTC

Contributing Code

It is my understanding (and please correct me if mistaken) that when one has
modified/improved/extended some portion of Struts, it is to be submitted here
for consideration. Thus, my little extension:

I modified validator-rules.xml so that if a form field is specified as required
in validation.xml which is a radio button in the HTML, the JavaScript will
actually validate it. I read many differing opinions on whether or not one
should validate radio buttons (always default one to checked was the usual
answer) however I felt that should one wish to, one should be able to do such
validation.

It has been tested in IE 6.0 and Mozilla Firebird 0.7, and I am hoping that
further testing will reveal good browser compatibility.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for such discussion.

Best,

Alvin

Re: Contributing Code

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- alvin@sparkgap.cc wrote:
> It is my understanding (and please correct me if mistaken) that when one
> has
> modified/improved/extended some portion of Struts, it is to be submitted
> here
> for consideration. Thus, my little extension:
>
> I modified validator-rules.xml so that if a form field is specified as
> required
> in validation.xml which is a radio button in the HTML, the JavaScript
> will
> actually validate it. I read many differing opinions on whether or not
> one
> should validate radio buttons (always default one to checked was the
> usual
> answer) however I felt that should one wish to, one should be able to do
> such
> validation.

You can open a bugzilla enhancement ticket for commons validator because
all the javascript has moved over there.  Attach any patches to the ticket
and don't send them to the mailing list because they will get lost.

David