Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2017/12/06 23:27:42 UTC

Re: Let's cut a ZK 3.5.4-beta release

I haven't forgotten about this - we've been stuck on ZOOKEEPER-2901 . I
think we getting closer but it's been tricky to navigate addressing the
issue vs backward compat vs making things worse. I was about to sign off
then noticed I had missed something. Jordan has been working to address.

Camille, Edward -- it would be good if you could take a look at 2901 given
you participated in the original creation/commit of this feature.

Regards,

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 1:58 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> I'm ready to merge ZK-2982. It is a one line change that is actually a
> mistake that was made during the port of the changes from 3.4 to 3.5. It is
> just bringing in the line that was missed.

It looks like that was missed from 3.4, is that right? Sounds fine to me. I
will be cutting the release soon, so please get it in asap otw we might
miss the window.

> As you are the RM, I'll follow your instructions. I'm fine with either
> merging it today or doing a 3.5.5 immediately after. Let me know where you
> are with the release candidate and we can decide on the best course of
> action.

If you are confident with the fix and can get it in before I start 3.5.4
it's fine with me. Thanks!

Patrick

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Pat,

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.
+1 on 3.5.4 release planning.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
There are 10 open blocker issues marked for 3.5.4. Can I get some help to sort out those issues?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ZOOKEEPER/versions/12340141

-Flavio

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.