Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tereza <te...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/25 23:28:37 UTC

Unable to download Open Offive

Hi

I am getting the following message, when I tried to download it. Can you please assist


Cannot securely connect to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
Try this:

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Unable to download Open Offive

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 00:28 26/10/2019 +0100, Tereza Noname wrote:
>I am getting the following message, when I tried to download it. Can
>you please assist
>
>Cannot securely connect to this page
>This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security
>settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website's owner.

Are you really trying to download from the official site -
www.openoffice.org - or somewhere else?

You have kept details of your browser and operating system a secret,
but it seems you may be using Windows 10. Try this:
o Click the Start button (bottom left).
o Type "Internet Options" (no quotes).
o Click on Internet Options.
o Click the Advanced tab.
o Scroll down to Security.
o Ensure that at least "Use TLS 1.0", "Use TLS 1.1", and "Use TLS
1.2" are all ticked.
o Click OK.
o Try the download again.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Unable to download Open Offive

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.
Den lör 26 okt. 2019 kl 09:45 skrev Tereza <te...@gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I am getting the following message, when I tried to download it. Can you
> please assist
>
>  Cannot securely connect to this page
> This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security
> settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
> Try this:

You forgot to give us the most important information: The exact web address
that you tried to download from. Apache OpenOffice is downloadable from a
lot of different places. Some are good and some are bad. You should only
download from http://www.openoffice.org/download. Is that what you did?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg