Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Balaji Saranathan <ba...@wipro.com> on 2005/07/11 21:17:44 UTC

ExtensionsFilter Help

Hi,

What is the significance of the variable "RESOURCE_VIRTUAL_PATH" in the
AddResource file. I'm trying to understand how the components read the
resources from the jar files. Can some one help  me?

Thanks
Balaji

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: ExtensionsFilter Help

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Balaji Saranathan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the significance of the variable "RESOURCE_VIRTUAL_PATH" in the
> AddResource file. I'm trying to understand how the components read the
> resources from the jar files. Can some one help  me?

I cannot speak for the myfaces code, since I have not investigated the
internal resource loading mechanisms yet,
but the resource loading is usually done one way or the other by using
the class loader to determine the root and then by using the java file
api to load the resources. It is pretty much the same mechanism you use
to access any resource even in non server programs.

Depending on what you want to do with it you render it on the screen or
use it internally.
I saw basically at the JSF blueprints from sun on how to render the
resources onto the screen by using phase listeners (which were sort of
used similar to servlet filters)