Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anuraag Shinde <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 07:12:47 UTC

URL /login.do;jsessionid=03D17FDFCC0FDD5A42EC9BB78C0AE935 was not found on this server

Hi all,
 Getting this strange error "*URL
/login.do;jsessionid=03D17FDFCC0FDD5A42EC9BB78C0AE935 was not found on this
server*"
Details:
On local machine i am useing tomcat4.1.31 and struts 1.1
and every thing works fine
But when i try to put same files on third party live server i get this error
on clik of login button.
All jsp's are visible with struts tabgs properly so i feel there is no
problem with struts configuration.

Also one strange thing is that when i type some invalid jsp name in url it
gives me apache tomcat error like follows.
 HTTP Status 404 - /logi1n.jsp
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message* */logi1n.jsp*

*description* *The requested resource (/logi1n.jsp) is not available.*
------------------------------
 Apache Tomcat/4.1.31

But when i press a submit button on some valid jsp i get followng error.
Not Found

The requested URL /login.do was not found on this server.
------------------------------
 *ApacheR Server at www.tick-tech.co.uk Port 80*   the differance is clear
for jsp it shows apcahe tomcat/4.1.31 error but for any action*.do it gives
*ApacheR Server *error, is there any problem with apache server
configuration ?? Can any one plz help me, Thanks in advance

--
-----------------------------
Thanks and Regards

RE: URL /login.do;jsessionid=03D17FDFCC0FDD5A42EC9BB78C0AE935 was not found on this server

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Dear anurag shinde,

Your description suggests one of two things:

1. If you only have a java app server running (no web server like Apache
taking the initial requests and forwarding them on) then your problem sounds
like an incorrect or missing "*.do" servlet mapping in your 'live'
context/WEB-INF/web.xml file.

2. If you have a regular web server managing requests and sending *.jsp and
*.do pages to a java server behind the scenes, then you sound like you have
a problem mapping *.do paths.  In thise case you should check the front
server's configuration for *.jsp urls and make sure you have something set
up for *.do just like your working *.jsp configuration.

3. Also, you might want to lookup cookie issues with your live web server.
Some web servers have to be configured to understand cookies in the url like
Tomcat does (see the subject line as an example).  If the front servers are
not configured properly, they assume that is one url, not a url and a cookie
put together.

Regards,
David

Posted by Anuraag Shinde <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your intrest,

On 9/11/06, David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> What is the 'third pary live server' product so we can try to help
> you.  And
> this 3rd party server maps Java/Struts over to Tomcat how?
>
> Regards,
> David

Ph : 9823014942

RE: URL /login.do;jsessionid=03D17FDFCC0FDD5A42EC9BB78C0AE935 was not found on this server