Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@activex-dev.com> on 2000/07/04 20:52:50 UTC

Getting DB2U support

Folks, I have installed mod_perl and I would like to access a DB2
server.  What perl modules do I need to install?  Are there any
tutorials out there to give me the basics of access DB2 from perl?

Sam

Re: Getting DB2U support

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Sam Carleton wrote:

> Folks, I have installed mod_perl and I would like to access a DB2
> server.  What perl modules do I need to install?  Are there any
> tutorials out there to give me the basics of access DB2 from perl?
>
> Sam

Try installing DBI & DBD::DB2 .  Check out
  http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/
for more info.  Also you could use CPAN to do the installation
likely, checkout "perldoc CPAN"

Also, for access under mod_perl, check out connection caching
with Apache::DBI

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA