Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/06 10:21:56 UTC

JSPWiki Docker images under apache/jspwiki

Hi,

JSPWiki bundles an official Docker image for a while now. Thinking about
upcoming 2.11.0, I thought we could ask infra to get access to
apache docker hub organization and start pushing docker images for JSPWiki
to `apache/jspwiki`. For that, it seems that all that is
needed is a thread discussing this possibility (this one) and if deemed
interesting, a list of apache id <-> dockerhub id to access the
docker hub organization, f.ex.,

juanpablo <-> juanpablosantosrodriguez

Done that, we could set up autobuilds for tags so we could get 2.11.0
convenience binaries on dockerhub (please take note of the fact that
dockerhub is not considered a release channel [1] - This new repository
should be labelled as such in the description, and used only for
convenience binaries)

tl,dr; do we think it would be nice to have? if so, please add your apache
id <-> docker hub id on this thread so we can open the relevant
ticket for infra

cheers,
juan pablo

[#1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

Re: JSPWiki Docker images under apache/jspwiki

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

first Docker images are available at https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/jspwiki
Also, Docker hub's autobuild
configuration has been set up to build -latest with every push on master,
and to build a new version with
any new tag (or that's what I hope I've done).

Reworked a bit the documentation at
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Docker - any reviews,
corrections, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
juan pablo

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,