Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/26 23:31:01 UTC

Auditing support -- UpdateBatchQuery needs accessor for old snapshot values

Andrus,

I've almost finished the collecting of values from the various BatchQueries.
The one that remains is getting the old value for a column from
UpdateBatchQuery.   I know that these values are available as part of
the qualifier when optimistic locking is used, but I don't know if
that's the best way to get them.

What do you think of having the old value snapshot stored directly on
UpdateBatchQuery and made publically accessible?   I'm not sure if
this might make dealing with optimistic locking easier or not in the
process.

Re: Auditing support -- UpdateBatchQuery needs accessor for old snapshot values

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I am tentatively +1 as I don't see a problem with this extra
redundant data being attached to the query. Let's see how it works
out and whether it affects the commit algorithm too much.

Andrus